Save the date – 2017 Annual Greek Dance
When : Saturday 14th October 2017
More information to follow……………..
On Sunday the 21st of February, after the service we will have lunch to celebrate St. Theodore of Tyronos, our church’s patron saint’s day.
Please join us, you are most welcome!
THANK YOU TO Costas Costi and his brother Spiros for holding the Sponsored Lunch at the Lilac Restaurant on Sunday 24th January 2016.
We raised the Grand Sum of £408 from the lunch, raffle and Donations.
The money from this event and from the Tea Party held at the Arundel Hotel on Sunday 17th January goes towards the cost of the Roof Works which have now been completed.
THANK YOU Loukia (Brighton) for the delicious Greek Cakes, and Thank you to all who donated raffle prizes and for all who joined us on both events to make them so successful.
Anyone else wanting to sponsor an event is welcome to let us know.
The Ongoing works listed below are going ahead.
- Repair of two flat roofs £1,370 work complete
- Plastering of Ceiling by door and side wall, patching ceiling above stairs to gallery and filling in cracks and holes left by microphones on both windows £250 by Ray Bridger
- Guttering outside priest’s room and to the side of side door awaiting estimate
- Ramps to toilet and rear door with handle bars and raising front door mat and side door mat and supplying and fitting disabled bar for toilet awaiting estimate
- Decorating and flooring toilets
- Fitting of 3 lights in church, fix existing sensor light and add three further Sensor lights
- Pay contribution for prayer bench Bible holder (Psalterion) for materials as George very kindly did the work for free
- Repairing floor boards around church which are rotting and unsafe and repairs to door frames
- Applying damp proof paint to wall at front of church near the upper gallery and also rear wall of school
- Having existing microphone fitted to school
- If Sensible Solutions do not fix exterior wall of priest room and kitchen then we will have to repair wall and redecorate priest back room
- Render exterior walls were necessary supply scaffolding and fix guttering which is hanging from roof
EASTBOURNE CHURCH GREEK NIGHT
St Panteleimon and St Theodoros
24/10/2015 At The Afton Hotel
We hope you all had a very enjoyable evening dancing the night away and eating the lovely food and the company of each other.
All the lovely dishes meats, ham, beef, turkey, chicken, salads, pasta salads, pastichio, vine leaves, meatballs, moussaka, stuffed peppers, rice dishes, desserts, olives, tsatsiki etc. were all prepared and donated by the community. Without the donation of the food this would have cost several hundred pounds and we would not have been able to achieve the wonderful result.
A big Thank You to all those who donated food, money and their time and also thank you all those who donated raffle prizes and those who supported the event by attending and buying tickets raffle tickets and the various items that were on sale.
The Profit made from the Greek Night was £1,850.00
The money raised will go towards the expenses and maintenance of our church and the Priest.
Thank you all from the Committee
Photo’s of the evening are below….